Minnesota-based singer-songwriter Pamela McNeill has released her new country CD “Solitary” and will embark on her Minne-Tour, a series of CD-release concerts in her home state this summer.
On March 14, 2019, McNeill had her first official CD release concert at City Winery in Nashville, Tenn. She was joined on stage by an all-star lineup of Nashville musicians that are featured on “Solitary,” including:
• Chris Leuzinger (guitar, Garth Brooks)
• Bart Walker (vocals, guitar; Hank Williams Jr)
• Steve Hinson (steel guitar; Chris Stapleton, George Jones, Randy Travis)
• Dane Bryant (musical director, keys; Olivia Newton John)
• Wanda Vick (fiddle, mandolin, dobro, banjo; Taylor Swift, Dolly Parton)
• Dennis Holt (drums; Taylor Swift, Kansas)
• Mark V. Burchfield (bass; Charlie McCoy, Bill Gaither, Dolly Parton)
• Gerald Boyd (acoustic guitar, Suzy Boggus).
McNeill will again be joined on stage by this legendary group of musicians for all performances on her Minne-Tour.
With “14 brilliant songs” (Country Belles Radio/UK), all penned by McNeill, “Solitary,” her sixth studio album, was recorded in Nashville and co-produced by McNeill and Grammy Award winner Bobby E. Boyd. The Winona native who currently resides in Eden Prairie, Minn., has written with Pam Tillis, Sandy Knox, instrumental icon Yanni and many others and has recently caught the ear of Reba McEntire with her song “Captivated.” McNeill describes the recording of “Solitary” as “a bit like free falling. I opened my arms and closed my eyes and trusted everyone around me and let go of any rules I used to have about making records. It was liberating and exhilarating.” She also survived being electrocuted, and there was the missing python incident — but that’s another story.
McNeill will be playing in Winona at St. Cecilia Theater on Tuesday, July 23. For tickets, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pamela-mcneill-cd-release-concert-tickets-48506705863.
To listen to “Solitary,” visit https://music.apple.com/us/album/solitary/1455752781.